Friday, January 11, 2008

week 2 of 2008

it's been a boring week, and me falling sick on the last 2 days of the academic week is absolutely horrible.. 


either way, im here to write on my weekly devotion.. 
for some strange reason, i still write my dates as 07...

last night, i woke up at 530 and did not slp again till 7 in the morn.. i couldnt slp, was running fever, 38.5 degrees.. i took some panadol and then sat up in my kitchen and flipped my bible to Isaiah 54, but instead, Isaiah 53 caught my eye instead.. it was a short passage that was highlighted! (i guess that was why it caught my eye) 

"4 Surely he took up our infirmities 
and carried our sorrows,
yet we consider him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted. 
5 But he was pierced for our 
transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace 
was upon him,
and by his wounds we are healed. 
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray, 
each of us has turned to his own way;
the Lord has laid on him 
the iniquity of us all."

-Isaiah 53:4-6

i read the whole entire chapter though, and i found it to fit pretty well into my situation right now. I felt so horrible the last 2 days that i did not come back to reflect on the two psalms (9&10) that now i have quite abit of catching up to do.. 

it was verse 5 that was highlighted in my bible, that was really an encouragement for me. that i have in the Lord, healing. 

this is what this passage has on me, i suggest that all who reads my post read the entire chapter of Isaiah 53, and that the Lord will have a special word for you in it. 

God bless
     with love
-eK

Amen

p.s. click on my pic to read my blog, i try to update everyday on every psalm. 
rmb to read your a-Psalm-a-day!


No comments: