Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Youth Camp Battlefield 2007

This year youth camp be different for me.
As i decide to serve as facillitator not being a camper.
Being the 2nd or 3rd youngest facillitator wasnt easy
however i trusted God through out the camp that he will lead
me guide and teach me.

During the first day
facillitator had to meet up early
before the camps starts at 2pm.
I was very scared and nervous as it was my first time
thinking if the campers would like me or hate me.
As the campers enter slowing to the tc chapel i was shierving
one by one came in the doors.Thank God that every went well
ice breakers was well the intro to get know everyone was perfect.
Our groups was small but is ok size does not matter.
I shall fast forword to the next day which was the fun part but the night walk was fun too.

Quiet time went well everyone did their quiet time and shared what they listen from God
for me God told me to be humble.After that we had breakfast before heading for the stations games. Which anything can happen the team had teamwork and teamspirit they work together as a group but for some games eveyone was very tired . I was cheering them on running with them from stations to stations they endure so we to endure with them . Eveyone was very tired i could tell some of them was almost going to die cause of lack of sleep but they were not giving up.They kept their faith strong which encourage me not to give up keep on pushing in life even when we are tired. Then here comes the huge windy windy wind which everyone thought was going to be a heavy storm coming. Everyone quickly rush to the tent to unpitched the tent including my tent.Luckly no tents fly kite, we had lunch then telematch which was very challanging and needs alot of endurance racing against time by then everyone was half die." Bang", the sound go off everyone started to run to the stations, which they have to face called running in a line. It wasnt easy they have to have alot of teamwork , talking, focus, perserverances. They never gave up even they failed,keep trying and trying until they make it.
ok i shall fast forword to the last stations we they had the most relaxing station was WATER they were given two bottles of waters using a straw to finish that was simple. Our group was the second last to finish the race but is ok u dont have to first. Heading back to our camp site everyone decided to run back and not forgetting cheering also, one think i felt very moved was kevin even he couldnt run anymore but i push him telling him to push himself . Overcome the pain the team mates were also there for him cheering him. Nobody is left out, Guess what kevin sprint back endruing the pain in the stomache he ran like he never ran before. Yes we reached the finished line and a group cheer. I was really proud of everyone they did their best ,
but the day haven end yet ah last game was a big one. which involes two groups combine and deafeting other teams. I was playing to as a wall but it was fun i guess everyone enjoyed.
HAHA.........
Its time for dinner time anywhere anyplace but not anytime
after showering we met at Bk for our lovely dinner enjoying our meal chatting and laughing our hearts out. But the most important day has yet to come after a tiring afternoon is time for Ministry.

During ministry God minister to me by that time i was very tired and couldnt think.
God broke me and fill me again with his love and spirit.
After ministry i had to leave and couldnt stay for the last day cause i had scrabble competitions the next day. Argh..argh... but at least i could serve.
God taught me alot
God was with me
God was guiding me
God was holding back the rain
God was everything.
I believe everyone can say they have fought the good fight, finished the race and kept the faith through the camp.

I like thank tzup and weng yew for being there to serve also not forgetting Junhao and ying ying to help me and guide me and letting me grow.

Those who miss youth camp or couldnt go. Better go next year.

I left the camp with something not nonething

shawn

No comments: