Saturday, December 09, 2006

Retreat @ Watson's place

I really thank God for Watson & Shufang for lending out their apartment for our retreat. Firstly we get to save money & secondly the place was really good. We could house everyone who stayed over - compared to past chalets that we rented, this is so much more spacious. Once again, I want to thank and bless this dear couple.

The Holy Spirit moved powerfully among us amidst the fun we had. Much sharing was done on Growing Deep in the Lord and gaining spiritual maturity. During the 1st day we shared about our cell plans and some personal faith goals for 2007. I managed to take pics & videos on this. =D




The first night was awesome as the youths opened their hearts to the Holy Spirit and some was able to experience God in a greater way. The sink choked when I washed dishes after supper, and both Taufik and I stayed up until 3++am to clear the choke. We became good buddies as a result.

Take a look at what happened on the 2nd day...

Well.. as u can see, everyone is enjoying the chicken game - a game that requires you to grow up!


Once again, the Holy Spirit moved powerfully and God gave me a word to minister to people as well. This greatly encourages me bcuz I became more convinced of what the Holy Spirit wants to do in our lives. Likewise, I cannot agree more with what Bobo shared about 'Growing Deep' (which actually implies 'growing up in Christ') bcus when Ps Adrian arrived at nite, he urges everyone to cultivate the Spirit aspect of their lives. His stories about how God uses major turning points in life to strengthen his faith brought great encouragement to many. I believe those who went had been tremendously blessed as well.

On the 3rd day, the youths learn to move in their spiritual giftings according to the Word of God in 1 Cor 12 and 14. We had a very good time learning to hear from the Spirit and learning how to minister. I believe God had blessed us with a fruitful time together, even though personally I rely more on the Spirit than my own plans for this whole retreat - it was personally very rewarding to me. And of course... the usual crazy things you'd expect from all of us:


TAUPOK!!!!


SEE HOW HAPPY THEY ARE?


-ROAR

No comments: